Skip to main content

The Moans and Groans of Week 26

122.

Week 26 and the third trimester is slowly creeping up!! Meaning baby girl isn't far away from making her dramatic entrance!! 

There's just a few things I want to talk about. Pregnancy is a very exciting time but there are annoyances...

I LOVE when she kicks, absolutely love it, however, there are times of the day and places in my body where her kicks aren't as appreciated. These being while I'm trying to get to sleep and her kicks that feel so low down I could almost shake her hands and feet! Oo they are uncomfortable kicks I tell ya! And when these types of kicks happen at the time I'm trying to drift off, well, it's just ANNOYING haha. 
I love when she kicks me during the day, it's like a little hello every now and again, they kinda make me realise that I have this beautiful human growing inside of me yet it feels so bizarre. Something I wouldn't know how to explain. Occasionally when she's kicking my belly looks like it's doing a little jig to itself again, so so bizarre! But AMAZING. 

Another thing I've not been enjoying is being incredibly uncomfortable in bed. I'm unable to lie on my back because of the funny feeling the pressure of my belly gives me, when I lie on my left side rob tells me I make this astonishing sound of gasping for air whilst snoring my head off and when I'm on my left side I always seem to wake up to turn over because it's so uncomfortable. So I can only lie on my right side but after a while that gets uncomfortable because of all the weight. So my nights consist of a lot of turning over and waking up to move my heavy heavy body. 
Oh and there's the restless legs too so my legs have to be over a massive pillow. The sad thing is I know that the bigger I get the worse the nights are going to be. I believe that my body is just getting prepared for the many sleepless nights that are ahead of me! 

The last two things I'm going to moan about, yes, I'm very aware I'm moaning! These are cramp! And painful hips. I don't know why but leg and foot cramps have really been kicking in recently and there's nothing to stop them once they start. I've always been told that cramp is caused by a lack of salt in your system so you'd think cramp wouldn't happen after eating fish and chips that have salt and vinegar on but no no, nothing prevents it! 
My last annoyance is my achy hip when I walk, I visited the Drs and called the midwives and sadly they all believe I've developed the pelvic pain a lot of preggo ladies get. I'm currently waiting for a referral for physio but I kinda feel like a fraud because it's only when I walk for over 10 minutes it seems to kick in. But I'm aware it can get worse the bigger I get. 

Other than these annoying niggles I'm getting and having I am very much enjoying being pregnant and I'm so grateful and fortunate that I'm able to grow this incredible being. I do apologise for the moans and groans! (This stuff you just don't hear about before haha) 

Bring on the next 14 weeks!!


Much love
Beth xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han