Skip to main content

The Tale of Trimester Three

123.

So in a couple of hours or whenever you read this I have just entered my 35th week of pregnancy. Oh boy it's getting close now!!

The third trimester has been my worst so far I think. I don't want to complain or moan because I know how truly blessed I am to be in this position however it's been tough! 

I had always heard that when you get near the end you are just willing it along, and I always thought 'why?' Well for me I can't handle the stress I'm feeling and the horrendous mood I seem to always be in. I literally can not control it! I'm not a stressed person, I'm not an angry person (apart from when I'm tired) so these feelings are just very hard for me to deal with. I know I'm being a bitch but I can't stop it. I want to be my old chilled out self again!!! 

I think what it is, is, I'm nesting, I want a list as long as my arm done and I want it done now! We've had our bathroom redecorated and that was the worst experience for my stress level in my entire life! And now we are recarpetting, however that doesn't seem to be getting me too stressed. I feel like I've retreated away from baby things and put my attention on house stuff. It's weird! Baby girls nursery is not ready yet, it's beautifully painted and her chest of drawers are ready for stuff but that's all right now. I guess that's not a huge rush as she won't be sleeping in there till winter time anyway. But it would be lovely to have it complete before she makes her grand entrance.

I'm finding people's advice very hard to take and process. I hear their words and just think 'oh god, not another thing please' that's bad isn't it? I should love that people want to help but I just feel like everyone's opinion is different, everyone's baby is different. I want to learn how my baby is going to be, and ask for help when I can't take the crying anymore. People's worries about our cats, and what milk she will have and where she will lie during the day etc etc is just overwhelming. I feel like I've got to a level of stress and anxiety where I no longer care what I need or what we have. I just want my baby here to love and to make me smile. 

Maybe that's what is wrong, I'm so anxious about it all. Labour, being a mum, money, juggling everything. Will I be any good? Will I know what to do? Will I struggle with depression? Will I feel lonely? These are the things that go through my brain 24/7. I keep trying to tell myself that cave women did it with no help, no advice. So hopefully that maternal instinct will just kick in. Oh gosh I hope so!!

I'm working quite close to my due date as well, I'm due on the 4th June and I finish work on the 19th May, I have made my days half days now though as I'm getting uncomfortable. These baby bumps are heavy haha! Nah baby girl sits quite high so my ribs get a good kicking while I'm sat at my desk, making it quite uncomfortable and very distracting for me. Especially when I get a kick in the rib and a thump down below. But I wouldn't want her to stop moving, I like to feel her wriggle around in there, I love to see my belly move with her, although it creeps Rob out something chronic! It's so funny!! 

So I guess this third trimester has been very difficult on me mentally, and as the days go by it's becoming physically difficult. To be honest, I'm just tired, scared and overwhelmed but I can't wait to meet my baby girl. 

The next update could be when she's here eeee, you'll find out her name and maybe see a glimpse of her, who knows. 



Much love
Beth xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han