Skip to main content

Relationships Can Be Difficult Sometimes

130.

Ironically I'm writing this on mine and my husbands 9 year anniversary (from first going out not marriage) 

Relationships are difficult, marriage can be difficult and after a baby, more so. This will be quite honest in places which I'm sure will piss Rob off to no end but look, this is my outlet. 

We have never argued so much in our whole 9 years like we have in the past 10 weeks! Our baby girl is our absolute WORLD but yes it has been hard on us! You never get told really that there might be a strain after a baby is born in a relationship, I pictured it to be all wonderful and bliss and the three of us just so in love all the time. I'm not saying I'm not in love all the time! Of course I am! However, what isn't ever mentioned is how tiredness and hormones and emotions can cause absolute tidal waves! 

It's so daunting coming home with this little person you have only ever imagined in your mind. All of a sudden they are there, needing you to keep them alive and well and happy! PRESSURE! They become your ultimate priority. So because of that I think for the man, partner, significant other, they can feel pushed out, they are now in second position for that priority role. When before that wasn't the case. Which wrongfully or rightly causes a bit of strain.

Hormones! The carrier of that baby has got a lot of hormone correcting to do which is so much fun...not! One minute you're extremely over joyed, the next extremely overwhelmed, smiling then crying, chatty then silent, calm then a wave of rage hits. It's horrible to go through and it's horrible for the people in the firing line, again it causes a strain. And although you know it's hormones and stuff you just can't help the mood swings, the crying at nothing, the complete irrational mindset you somehow can get yourself into. It just happens and before you know it you and your partner are no longer speaking, you know it's your fault but you're too stubborn to admit it. ANNOYING.

Tiredness! Never EVER underestimate the powers of tiredness, actually I'll just say it, exhaustion! The getting up multiple times in the night, the always having stuff to get done during the day. When people say 'sleep when the baby sleeps' no! You just can't! There's bottles to wash, cleaning of a kitchen to do, clothes to put away, oh there's food that you must eat or it'll be hours until the next opportunity and as well as those, peeing! So when you are alone all day with a tiny beautiful baby, the tiredness builds and builds. Which in my case causes copious amounts of anger. (I've always been an angry tired person, it's now just 10 times worse) 

A few weeks ago the words 'what do you do all day?' Got asked by the husband! When I told him he then said 'well if you did do all those things, then nothing would need doing when I get home' I hope you can maybe understand why I may have got a tad angry at that...

I understand that he works all day, but I am as well, yeah maybe not at my office job, but at home raising our baby girl, worrying about her constantly, and trying my best at everything I manage to do. He may not see some physical jobs being done but knowing I've been alone all day trying to be the best mum I can be, I feel that should be appreciated a bit more. 

So this brings me to the emotions! When you are at home, on your own with your baby, you have a lot of time to think. The hormones play with your mind and so does the tiredness and, well, basically everything can build up. You can feel totally and utterly, alone. All you want is for you other half to praise you when they get home, take the load off once they walk through the door, and ultimately to just appreciate you and your efforts.

Don't get me wrong, some people don't have it easy at all, some people only have themselves 24/7, and those people need all the appreciation and praise in the world as they are doing an amazing job!!!

Sometimes it can be difficult. And that is what no one prepares you for! 


Much love
Beth xx

P.S sorry Robby xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In difficulty there is strength and laughter

53. Hello my loves... This may seem like a very strange time, some may think I shouldn't write at all right now but as I'm just sat here, waiting, I feel I should (plus I've been given permission from my sister Kellie and Rob) On Wednesday 4th February, which seems like a lifetime ago, I got a phone call to say things with Dad had took a turn and we all needed to get to the home as time was looking short. I can't explain the fear that was going through me. The panic was so strong I was physically shaking until i got to the home to see him.  I had no idea what to expect, what had happened or what was going to happen, I just had to go with it. I guess we all do when faced with these extremes.  I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see that once the sedation had worn off he was back to his smiley self, even dancing along to the music.  But we knew it was serious when they said he was now completely nill by mouth, no food, no liquid.  An influx of fa

This may upset you...

50. Hello my loves. WOW we've made it to the fiftieth blog post, if you're reading this one and you've read all of the ones before, thank you for sticking with me and my public diary entries. If you are new to my posts then Hello and welcome to my life, my little world of, well, I'm not to sure...this. I'm listening and watching Sia - Elastic Heart, I absolutely love this song and I love the video! It's so incredibly powerful , I watch it without knowing what it is that is keeping me so drawn to it (maybe Shia's body...) but seriously please go and watch it, don't read the comments of the video if it's the first time you're watching it and let me know what you believe it is portraying. I won't tell you what I believe because I don't want my view to alter what you may initially feel.      I feel like it might be a good time to update you guys on my Dad. By the way, everything I write is solely my feelings and from my point of vie

Our story with MND so far..

6.  These are my feelings and my thoughts, no one else's, just mine. In June 2013 my Dad was dealt the card of Motor Neurone Disease, a horrible disease. MND attacks the central nervous system and causes muscles to weaken and waste away. People with MND have to struggle everyday with activities that wouldn't have affected them before. It can be different with each person but sadly the outcome is always the same, there are no survivors, only true fighters! There is no cure... In some cases of MND the person can also have Frontotemporal Dementia. A less common form of dementia but nevertheless devastating. My Dad also has this... I first realised that something wasn't quite right around January 2013, my dad and I were sat in a cafe and he couldn't open a folded lottery ticket my exact words to him were "can't you use for hands or something" his reply was "no, my hand has got really weak" I asked him to make a fist with his right han